We currently have a need for assembly operators in the following departments: Double End (DE) Lamp, Finishing Lamp and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Arch Tube. EYE Lighting is a manufacturer of lighting products including horticulture and commercial industrial applications.
The position requires standing, rotation of position/work stations. There are various tasks within each department. Cross training is also essential
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform various assembly tasks according to approved work instructions, rotating as instructed by the Supervisor. There may be times an operator may be instructed to work outside of the scheduled rotation.
- Report any materials or equipment issues to the Machine Technician or Lead Technician.
- Support production and quality goals.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Report to assigned work station promptly at the beginning of the shift and after breaks.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in monthly physical inventory counts.
- Assist in other departments or other areas of the Double End department as assigned by the Supervisor to meet production and quality goals.
- Some overtime may be required depending on production needs.
- Train new operators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED a plus, but not required.
- Ability to use a handheld calculator using basic math skills and understand the results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Must be a team player.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to use and understand basic measuring equipment and quality gauges.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism.
Equipment to Be Used
- Gauges and calipers
- Handheld box lift
- Pallet Jack
- Various lamp-making equipment
Typical Physical Demands
- Ability to withstand temperatures which may, at times, exceed 100º F.
- Rotation of jobs requires ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Repetitive movement (i.e., twisting, lifting, stepping, etc.).
Applications can be completed at 9150 Hendricks Rd Mentor, Ohio 44060 Monday through Thursday during the hours of 11:00 and 2:00pm. Due to the Corona Virus, limited space is available. Also, everyone will be required to wear a facial mask during the interview process and during employment.
Day shift- Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm – Overtime on Friday if needed
EYE Lighting is an EOE employer